Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Open file, get standard colours

JLM,

--On 23 June 2007 18:26 -0400 JLM <jsado_sc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When you open an image or SVG file, a new document is created (complete
with new tab) but it does not appear that a default template is loaded
prior to reading in the file.

So if I understand correctly, you believe that opening a file should do
the same thing as creating a new document and then importing that file?
I can change the program to work that way.

Yes I believe so. I am more interested though in /why/ (given we're
using a codebase similar to the Windows version) it doesn't "just work".
Gerry converted this stuff (hi Gerry!) and I'm hoping he's going to chime
in and say something like "oh yes just uncomment the following line from
this file which was commented out as we didn't have default document loading
working then". I suspect what is happening is that it is using the wrong
document template (I think there's a very basic internal code generated
one) which is potentially dangerous for lots of reasons.

Alex