Re: Yep, It works (was Re: Has patch (was Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode - built Mac Version will not display wxXtra SplashScreen)

On 02/07/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben,

>> Please could you try the patch I have committed
>
> That seems to work.

Great. Was your patch doing anything more than that? IE
would there be a good reason to apply something like
that too?

I would estimate that the patch I posted was for discussion rather
than something needed for this problem.

The rationale was that nothing other then the SplashScreen object
should be deleting the SplashScreen bitmap. Whilst the logic behind
that seems unassailable, the fact is that that if it not needed, it is
not needed!

At this stage, the rule would seem to be to do the simplest thing,
http://xp.c2.com/DoTheSimplestThingThatCouldPossiblyWork.html , and I
would be tempted to leave well alone.

Thanks for fixing the problem.

Ben