Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac Developer

On 03/07/06, Tudor Ursa <Tudor.Ursa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I began to organize the folders and create separate targets in the XCode
project. Ben, please give me your latest XCode project. Note that I
can't get it from svn because I couldn't connect to it.

My project is not in svn. You should be able to do all want from the
offical project, but I will mail you a copy of my latest.

I had some troubles trying to build the project, following the steps
from xara_lx_mac_build_instructions.html. I'm now stuck at gettext build
step because autoreconf failed (I saw the same problem at:
http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=21273&page=2). Can you
please help me somehow?

That is quite a long page! Are you sure that you have installed the
necessary gettext (with autopoint) from source; the fink version is
too old.

Now I let that behind and started to read the make files and start frome
there to organize the project and creating separate targets for separate
modules, according the make files.

Regarding gcc compiler, please let me know which version I need to use.

I don't believe that there is any restriction, but the sensible option
is to install the XCode 2.3 (update) and use the latest Apple gcc.

So I guess that the priority is to have the latest XCode project from
you and start working from there.

Please let me know if you think I'm moving in a wrong direction and what
do you think I should do.

Well, it is hardly a priority: I would suggest that you familiarise
yourself with the command line methods, the XCode project or both.

Ben.