[XaraXtreme-dev] Re: Popup slider

Alex Bligh wrote:
There are several bugs we are both aware of. The main ones
are that currently it only works in "Windows" mode (click
release, then click release), whereas somewhat confusingly
Xtreme on Windows only works in "Mac" mode. There is also a
missing border (of any sort) around the control.

Here are the bugs we are currently aware of, in approximate
degree of importance (most important first), tested
against r1514:
* Needs a border round the control so it doesn't get lost
  against the background
* Fix wxGTK bug so that SetLineSize works. This will make
  the mouse wheel and keyboard handling work.
* Needs to support the Mac way (i.e. current Xtreme way) of
  setting values (click and drag) as well as the windows
  way (click and release, then click/drag and release).
* Current technical problem with styles in XRC. Clash needs
  to be sorted by implementing <sliderstyle>
  Add wxSL_AUTOTICKS while at it.
* Should support vertical sliders as well as horizontal
* Should be able to control the length of slider in XRC
* Make "auto update" stuff work - & xrc flag for automatic updates

My own view is that only the first needs fixing for 0.7.
The second is a wxWidgets issue. The remainder are
issues in the pop-up slider code, but in my view can
wait for after 0.7.

Alex