Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Lock files

--On 05 August 2006 10:59 +0100 Neil Howe <NeilH@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

With the latest LX, when it's restarted after a crash it shows a
message about deleting a stale lock file. This wasn't happening a
couple of weeks ago so what is this new lock file that gets left behind
after a crash for?

It's the single instance checker. The lock file tells it that another
instance of LX is running, so it tries to contact it. But it is not
responsive (because it's died), so it's telling you it's deleting the
lock file.

I don't really know why WX produces this warning on non-debug builds
because I don't really see it tells the user anything useful. Many linux
applications (e.g. Thunderbird) seem to disagree with me, and do the same
thing. I haven't yet discovered a way to silence it (it's produced from
wx), and given it only appears after a crash it should (hopefully) not be
too frequent a problem. It would be possible to patch wx to remove it.

Is it a significant issue?

Alex