Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project

On 22 Aug 2006, at 11:00, Cristian Bortes wrote:

Hi Phil,

Why did you put the --with-expat=builtin --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libpng=builtin --with-zlib=builtin ?
This seems to me that you want to mix the libraries that you built now with the libraries installed through fink. I don't think that this a good idea.

I did that to avoid changing the XCode project. It makes the development package more standalone, easier for people to pick up and build with minimal fiddling.

The expat, libjpeg, libpng and zlib were also build using enable postscript?.
 I think that this may be the cause of the problem.

Er, yes, but the wxUSE_POSTSCRIPT flag is only used by the wxWidgets source code - the source for those other libraries won't take any notice of it so I don't see it makes any difference...

And also I want to say ... please follow the steps that I sent on a "clean" machine just to see if it works.
Thank you.

I don't think I can do that, I'm afraid. I have two machines (PPC and Intel) that both have exactly the same compile problem but both have vital stuff on that I can't afford to lose. Bear in mind that this XCode project will be most commonly used on "dirty" machines so this is the kind of real world problem that's going to come up.

Phil

Regards,
Cristian

Phil Martin wrote:
Hi Cristian

I have overcome the problem with missing wx libraries by configuring it like this:
../configure --enable-debug-flag --enable-monolithic --disable-shared --enable-unicode --enable-postscript --enable-precomp-headers --with-expat=builtin --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libpng=builtin --with-zlib=builtin

I.e. if the XCode project relies on those libraries being built by wxWidgets then we must ensure that wxWidgets builds them regardless of whatever else may be installed on the machine.

However, now I've hit another problem: Although --enable-postscript is specified and I can see that wxUSE_POSTSCRIPT is defined as "1" in setup.h I'm getting a compilation error in osrndrgn.cpp:
/Users/phil/Code/Arobs/XaraLX/wxOil/osrndrgn.cpp:1590: error: 'wxPostScriptDC' has not been declared

Did you have the same error? Got a solution?

Phil