Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Translation: Lauchpad's Rosetta vs. SVN

I must admit the Rosetta's webinterface isn't really useful. I hope it
will be improved by Ubuntu developpers, but up to now I mainly work on
the translation "offline" (I download the .po file, like Tobias).

Now, I think Rosetta's main advantage is to allow a lot of people,
even people not used to translation processes, to work on the same
time on the same project.

It's an easy way to involve people on (the easy side of) Xara
development ...and moreover, Neil just suceed to set up all the thing
with the Rosetta team... :)

It's maybe possible to do both: ability to work with SVN, and a script
which daily merge with Rosetta. It's maybe even possible to access the
Rosetta's translation files through SVN.

My 2 cents,

Séverin

2006/8/22, Tobias Burnus <burnus@xxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Instead of using Lauchpad's Rosetta, the .po files are created directly

Yes, I'm also able to spell "Launchpad.net" correctly.

Besides, I want to mention that the following projects basically do what
I mentioned before:
- http://i18n.kde.org/  (uses Subversion/SVN)
- http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/ (uses CVS)

Tobias