Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: build with non-latin LANG

Vasil Dimov wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:14:19PM +0300, Vasil Dimov wrote:
Hi,

A problem report just arrived about xaralx (0.7r1692) failing to compile
with LANG set to uk_UA.KOI8-U. Here it is:

I confirm that with LANG=uk_UA.KOI8-U in the environment xaralx fails to
compile with the following error:

camelot.cpp:608:1: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence
camelot.cpp:1362:1: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence

Comments and suggestions how to overcome this error (except from
unsetting LANG)?

I forced LANG=C during build in make's environment

It seems that the command date used in building in building svnversion.h is outputting the date in the current locale, whereas the C compiler is trying to compile it using the C locale. Forcing the LANG setting would be a good option, not least because we'd (as anglophones) be able to understand the produced dates :-).

   Luke