Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara finally dead?

On Thursday 30 August 2007 02:57:07 bulia byak wrote:
> I rather doubt that. In fact, Inkscape already uses cairo for outline
> mode. For the full switch, we're just waiting for some missing
> features/bugfixes in cairo which they promised to deliver real soon
> now.

Well, not knowing anything about the Inkscape code, but having looked into
porting XaraLX to Cairo, I think Charles is right. I already got some lines
working after some hours (nothing exact or pretty, but at least
something :-) ). And I am a total newb regarding XaraLX, Cairo and
vectorgraphics...

What makes porting XaraLX to Cairo easy is the similarity between Cairo and
Xaras CDraw. Many calls are very similar, only the data formats are
different... So I think a usable port could be done within a few weeks.
Sadly, I currently have no time to do that :-( but I hope someone else will
look into it (as said, the infrastructure is already there) - it really seems
not that hard (but a bit frustrating in the beginning for a beginner :-) )...

Best regards.