Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara finally dead?

Charles Moir wrote:
So there is no chance for a commercial Linux version?

Yes there is a chance, and I thought that's what I just said, to
paraphrase 'we remain open to the idea of a commercial version for Linux
and that could be one way out of the current situation'.

We'd have to expect to sell a few thousand copies to make it a viable
commercial product (we know we can sell a LOT more than that on the Mac
and so that's why that is certainly a viable commercial project for that
platform now).

Charles
Thanks, Charles, for being clear about Xara. I sure hope someone picks up Jonas Diemer's work and moves Xara along. What with Cairo working then more open source guys might jump in. I sure hope so.

Thanks to you and all the rest for bringing Xara along as far as it has come. Bravo!

frank