Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Build problems on Mac

Alex Bligh schrieb:
>> And finally, if I try to start the (stripped) XaraLX binary, a teaser
>> window is opened telling me that I'm starting XaraLX 0.7 Linux Version,
>> but then nothing. The activity monitor tells me a constant 100% load,
>> but nothing happens, for minutes. The vm size of the process doesn't
>> grow either.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> I am not a mac guru but this sounds like the "you have to put it
> in a package and run that, not run the executable" problem.

Indeed, for some software packages which have dependencies inside their
application bundles this is true, but as far as I can see all XaraLX.app
contains is the needed Info.plist and the XaraLX icns-file. But I tried
it anyways and put it into XaraLX.app/Contents/MacOS - without success
though. Xara still does not load.

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog