RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Ping

Hi Charles,

> they are being ported to LX. But it's a pity that we don't see more
> external activity from other outside devs on the product.  Perhaps
> people think Xara LX is good enough now.

I am an OSS developer too and this 'community helping' thing can be
frustrating on times ... it comes down to individuals scratching an
itch here and there ... with a complex product such as xara there
is bound to be a higher hurdle of entry ...

what works quite well for me in my projects is to get large users
to sponsor the development of individual features ...

I am very happy with the state of the xara linux product today I
use it almost exclusively and am only launching the windows version
ocasionally.

I would be prepared to spend a similar amount i spend for the
windows version as 'sponsorship contribution' for the unix version
if there was such an offer ...

XARA is the BEST !

cheers
tobi