Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Ping

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.10.2006, 14:59 +0300 schrieb Vasil Dimov:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:54:36AM +0000, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> [...]
> > XaraLX is not part of Debian, it just happens to be put in a directory
> > on our server called non-free, as a service to our user. An important
> > difference :-)
> >
> > This will get more important when we get to release Etch: non-free
> > software does not go to on the DVDs and therefore get less user
> > coverage. I'd really recommend freeing CDraw ASAP, so that xaralx can be
> > in debian main before the next release.>
>
> Hmmz, is there any legal/license reason not to put a precompiled package
> of XaraLX on a Debian distro DVD? Reading libs/LIBS-LICENSE I get the
> impression that this is not forbidden.

It's legally possible, but won't happen on an official Debian DVD, as
only free software can go there. For xaralx to be treated like a first
class citizen in debian, it just gotta be fully free software...

People can create a Debian DVD with xaralx, though, if they want.

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner