Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Ping

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.10.2006, 12:52 +0300 schrieb Vasil Dimov:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 11:39:54AM +0200, Roger Luethi wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Xara is not included in OSS distributions, let alone the default drawing
> > program in any of them.
>
> I agree with your other statements, but not with this one.
> XaraLX is included in FreeBSD and Debian (at least), maybe in other
> distros too. If I recall correctly there is the linux binary package
> adopted for NetBSD in their packaging system pkgsrc.

XaraLX is not part of Debian, it just happens to be put in a directory
on our server called non-free, as a service to our user. An important
difference :-)

This will get more important when we get to release Etch: non-free
software does not go to on the DVDs and therefore get less user
coverage. I'd really recommend freeing CDraw ASAP, so that xaralx can be
in debian main before the next release.

Greetings,
Joachim
--