RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Interview with Charles

Not 100% accurate interview, it has to be said, but broadly speaking
it's correct. The 4 chip machine was early prototype of the Acorn
Archimedes, not BBC Micro. All 4 chips were designed by Acorn (the first
ARM processor, VIDC, IOC, MEMC) and that was just about it apart from
ROM and RAM. I've even built myself a wire-wrap prototype using these
chips, that I have around somewhere still - it was that easy. In its day
it was revolutionary in every way, and the production costs of that
machine were a small fraction of the equivalent Atari ST and Amiga of
the same era.

I have a document dated 1987 that very briefly describes the plan for
what was to become Artworks, which is the direct predecessor of Xara
Xtreme today. So this software goes back a long, long way.

Charles