Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] ... Pong

Charles Moir wrote:
From: Jed Frechette
Sent: 15 February 2007 19:29
I think this is a great idea. Communication is always a good thing. I'm sure I am not the only one who did not bother to investigate the specifics with regards to CDraw.

1) put simply it does exactly the same as Cairo - i.e. a low level
vector rasterizing library

2) For a number of reasons, one significant reason being commercial risk
outlined earlier.
Well now, how much of a programming job is it to take what is presently in XaraLX and use Cairo instead of CDraw?

I notice the little program, cairo-clock, has so many of the features needed by a fast design program. Hmmm...

I can see that CDraw is a marvel of coding if it is the piece that makes Xara so fast, so quick... using low-level calls instead of high-level OS or GTK ones? Could cairo be the answer for which we're looking?

frank