[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] ... Pong
- From: "frank gaude'" <tanzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:28:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] ... Pong
Charles Moir wrote:
Well now, how much of a programming job is it to take what is presently
in XaraLX and use Cairo instead of CDraw?
From: Jed Frechette
Sent: 15 February 2007 19:29
I think this is a great idea. Communication is always a good
thing. I'm sure I am not the only one who did not bother to
investigate the specifics with regards to CDraw.
1) put simply it does exactly the same as Cairo - i.e. a low level
vector rasterizing library
2) For a number of reasons, one significant reason being commercial risk
I notice the little program, cairo-clock, has so many of the features
needed by a fast design program. Hmmm...
I can see that CDraw is a marvel of coding if it is the piece that makes
Xara so fast, so quick... using low-level calls instead of high-level OS
or GTK ones? Could cairo be the answer for which we're looking?