[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] ... Pong
- From: "Charles Moir" <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:34:18 -0000
- Subject: RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] ... Pong
> From: Jed Frechette
> Sent: 15 February 2007 19:29
> On Thursday 15 February 2007 12:14 pm, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> > Perhaps it could be useful to write
> > something like an "open letter" to the community where you describe
> > 1.) what the closed library exactly does and 2.) why it
> isn't also opened.
> I think this is a great idea. Communication is always a good
> thing. I'm sure I am not the only one who did not bother to
> investigate the specifics with regards to CDraw.
1) put simply it does exactly the same as Cairo - i.e. a low level
vector rasterizing library
2) For a number of reasons, one significant reason being commercial risk
> I would also add Canvas to the list of defunct commercial
> programs on Linux.
Interesting. I didn't know that. Open source or closed?
I don't think anyone doubts that it's very difficult to sell commercial
apps on Linux.