Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] GDraw/CDraw [was: Ping]

--On 17 February 2007 04:34 +0100 tamlin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Additional right is not equivalent to taking away rights, much less
requirements

What rights have been taken away? You (we) have the additional right to link
the GPL code to non-GPL code, which otherwise would not be allowed. You
can use ALL the GPL code, under just the terms of the GPL and ignore
the additional grant. It may be less useful that way but you can (for
instance) incorporate all the GPL code into another project. For instance,
someone could fork a version that used Cairo. So tell me again how that
is a "license infringement". By the way, you seemed to forget to address
the point as to how a copyright owner can infringe a license on their
own code.

Alex