[XaraXtreme-dev] Xara's feature

> When Xara was ported to Linux last year I started using it on Fedora and
> now on Ubuntu. It is to slickest way to do graphic design 95% of the
> time, faster than any other design program I use or have used. The way
> it does shadows, feathering, multipoint filling and transparency,
> bevels, contours, blends, and handles text is the way most graphic
> designers would like Illustrator to work. And all in real time, all so
> fast and quick with few keystrokes or mouse clicks. Xara is one neat,
> cool program!

> So, folks, can't we come together to move the program into the future,
> even though it is almost complete now. I would like it to import WMFs as
> vectors, copy and paste to the Linux clipboard, and export true PDFs.
> For me, that would be sufficient. To ever get it to the level of the
> present Windows Pro version is almost too much to ask. For me, SVGs are
> of little importance.

Completely agree!!!

SVG - is shit.

What is it's advantage if it could'nt handle other type of transparency except linear and circular?
Or maybe it could, but not yet? And what should be happen to force it to support these types of transparency?
SVG is so open standard, so open!
So open like XAR. Exactly.
Xar already have these transparencies and could handle other types if it will be necessary.
So I think - PS, AI, EPS, and now SVG are the same things. SVG its just new toy. It is new and everybody wants to play with it.
So funny to see Inkscape users. BTW inkscape is just a toy too. Funny but completelly useless if you want to draw something just a little too complex. And that Gaussian Blur feature was thunder joke after Xara's feather.

Maybe Im angry too. Angry to see how computer indystry invents troubles again and again. Anyway this is my 2 cents to this huge list of flood. Sorry for bad English.

Access

P.S. And for those who like Inkscape, you could get good practice trying to reproduce attached Xara artwork. Just for fun.

P.P.S. And maybe Offtopic list should be created? Stop bother Charles!

JPEG image

PNG image