Re: PowerPC (Was: [XaraXtreme-dev] GDraw/CDraw [was: Ping])

--On 18 February 2007 17:46 +0100 Joachim Breitner <nomeata@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could try to get one of the PPC porters to give you SSH-access to one
of Debian's PPC machines. I'd only be ssh, but maybe that is all you
need to fix that stuff. Should I try?

Two problems with that:
* I'd need Xara's permission to put the source on it; and
* (rather more seriously) the bugs tend to manifest themselves as byte-wise
 flips in what's rendered (for instance Blue and Red swapped). It tends
 to be hard to figure out what's happening if you don't have a display
 in front of you.

I looked into buying a PPC Mac on ebay 6 months ago. They were too
expensive for "toy budget" then. Perhaps they've dropped.

Alex