Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara's Expectations

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 13:40 -0700, Jed Frechette wrote:

> Downstream Packages
> -------------------
> Debian & allies (non-free)
> Fedora (recently removed)
>
> I know other distros have packages available, unofficial and official, but I
> was to lazy to do much searching.

I made a package/ebuild for Gentoo Linux. Worked great so far for me on
my first attempt to compile/build/install. Just need to do some minor
stuff like installing templates, etc. Not just the base binaries, and we
should be all set.

I will see if I have time later to make changes, provide to other gentoo
devs for review/critique. Then I will put into portage, our package
repository.

I would say will be in tree ~arch unstable for amd64 and x86 by end of
the week. Hopefully by end of the day :)

P.S.
Good work guys & gals. The FIRST AND ONLY vector graphics app I have
found on Linux that will open Adobe .ai and .eps formats.
Saving/exporting to those formats wasn't as successful. But all in due
time. That I can open, manipulate, and export to bitmap. I am stoked.

Only reasons I still use windows at times is almost always for vector
graphics purposes. InkScape is not bad, but can't open my .ai or .eps
files. It does some, but they are tweaked and distorted.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java