RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Move from CDraw to AGG

Marcus,

--On 28 February 2007 17:20 +0100 Marcus Reimann <Marcus.Reimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Isn't it possible to build it modular and as a runtime option
(not really switchable during runtime, but at startup-time with a
start-parameter - see my mail from 2007/2/21), but not as a compile-
time option?

This would be achieved by building in both CDraw and Cairo. I presume
we'd have a user interface option to do this. There are still remnants
of an option to allow OS rendering rather than CDraw rendering anyway
(this makes Xtreme use OSRenderRegion rather than GRenderRegion
for the screen), and I presume it might work a bit like that.

However, the point is some people won't want any trace of non-free
(GPL free, not free-as-in-beer) code in their program, whether it's
switched off or not.

Alex