Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Tools folder - what is it good for?

On 24 Mar 2006, at 18:30, Alex Bligh wrote:

So either we have to come up with a separate (C-like) binary interface, which is stable, but which will severely limit what can be done in tools,
or we can leverage the open-source status of the product, and suggest
people distribute tools in source form, and compile against a sequence of headers we provide (which is by far the most flexible solution). C+ + is
just not designed for plug-ins (IMHO),

So, would it be possible to auto-generate a C binary interface which doesn't change when you change the C++ object? Could it be little more than a shim layer? And I'm sure it could be source code compatible, so a plugin could be compiled in without the shim layer.

Ben