Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Tools folder - what is it good for?

--On 24 March 2006 18:35 +0000 Ben Summers <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, would it be possible to auto-generate a C binary interface which
doesn't change when you change the C++ object? Could it be little  more
than a shim layer? And I'm sure it could be source code  compatible, so a
plugin could be compiled in without the shim layer.

I am not sure how "auto-", but yes perhaps. But I still think the current
directory distinction is not helpful. It doesn't (for instance) specify
which bits of API would need such auto-generation. Tools (quite correctly)
call into the Oil layer, for instance to get resources. Part of the
issue here would be designating which bits of API are meant to remain
stable, so they could be "en-shimmed".

Alex