Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] FreeBSD port for XaraLX 0.3r712 created

Vasil,

Hmmz, did you look in the files/ directory in xaralx.shar?

No. I just loooked at:

<http://people.freebsd.org/~vd/xaralx/wxgtk26_2.6.2-2.6.3.r2.diff>>

I'll have a look at the shar file.

Re the version number incrementing, currently the build server builds
every 3-6 hours, and just pulls off the latest revision. So the revision
number incrementing just means someone is doing some work :-) I'm not
sure whether or not the old versions are kept. I feel we should at
least keep the old stable versions. Note you can always get any
particular revision from svn (obviously).

It will be a problem if the old versions get deleted since they are
referenced in the port's files and the port will render unusable if they
disappear from the download site. I think at least Gentoo will suffer
from the same problem.

Not my call, but I can see that keeping n copies of a source repository
that changes every three hours is going to eat disk space. There is a
recommended release every week or two, and probably keeping a copy of
that source file should be enough (if people want to run the bleeding
edge version AND a port, they can work out how to use svn :-) )

Alex