[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]

Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] font patches

In message <6DDBAC68-C993-4430-9053-F14A0D8E406C@xxxxxxxx>
          Phil Martin <Phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2006, at 08:50, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
>> In message <148460DEEF66C3C4C3934557@[]>
>>           Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> What I don't quite understand is how the LF's got broken in the first
>>> place, if you submitted it as an attachment, & Phil used "patch" to
>>> apply it. Oh well.
>> It was fine with the patches I sent by e-mail, but the file that had
>> the changed line endings was a new file to be added to the repository.
>> I sent the file as a plain text attachment, so if it was downloaded on
>> an OS with CRLF line endings it is not surprising that the line
>> endings were converted.
> It was saved from Thunderbird on Fedora Core 4 running Gnome desktop.

OK, so in that case we are safe to assume that it was not converted by 
the e-mail client. ;-) It could have been converted during 
transmission, or by svn when it was added or even on checkout. Anyway, 
with the correct svn property set on the file, things should be OK 
from now on.