Re: [Fwd: Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] wxWidgets minimum version]

In message <34A2695A90AAFD66796D8684@[192.168.100.25]>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --On 30 March 2006 13:08 +0200 Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, my code needs to make a single GTK call, so my code currently
>> needs the GTK includes. The code in question is a one-liner I had to
>> pinch from the wxGTK implementation to get at the application's
>> PangoContext.
>>
>> I am not so sure what you mean by your references to "linking" -
>> surely, any wxGTK build links to GTK anyway?
>
> The issue is, I think, that if wx is build as a static library against
> a static GTK, the linker seems try to be clever and drops functions
> (or maybe just the symbols for them) that aren't used. It wouldn't
> link without a direct linkage to GTK for the double buffer stuff,
> but worked fine for the mouse state stuff. Don't ask me :-)

OK, so maybe the combined wxWidgets/GTK library would only contain the
parts of GTK that are actually used by wxWidgets. Fortunately, the GTK
routine I require is used by wxWidgets itself, so as far as I am
concerned the direct linkage is not required.

Martin