Re: [Fwd: Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] wxWidgets minimum version]

Martin,

--On 30 March 2006 13:08 +0200 Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, my code needs to make a single GTK call, so my code currently
needs the GTK includes. The code in question is a one-liner I had to
pinch from the wxGTK implementation to get at the application's
PangoContext.

I am not so sure what you mean by your references to "linking" -
surely, any wxGTK build links to GTK anyway?

The issue is, I think, that if wx is build as a static library against
a static GTK, the linker seems try to be clever and drops functions
(or maybe just the symbols for them) that aren't used. It wouldn't
link without a direct linkage to GTK for the double buffer stuff,
but worked fine for the mouse state stuff. Don't ask me :-)

Alex