Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text rendering status

Neil Howe wrote:
I've just checked in some test files for you to work with. Most if not
all of them contain text objects with a red bitmap copy of the text
positioned exactly behind. This makes it easy to see whether the text is
being rendered correctly, because it should fit exactly on top of the
bitmap copy.

It's only going to fit on top of the original if it's rendered in
the right font. Looking at the shape of the capital "S" it's
a very different font. I guess this is what Martin meant by
font substitution being a bit dumb at the moment. I understand
you can (legally) install the MS truetype fonts onto Linux.
Have you tried that?

Alex