RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text rendering status

In message <5056CBC646CB4047BB26120F4377DB719BA236@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          "Charles Moir" <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yep this is a great step forward. Text rendering appears to be
> basically there.
>
> Some obvious problem with the text tool, but I guess that's the next
> stage. But FYI I found these do not work in the Text tool:
> - When I type a new string there is a black rectangle overlaid the
> first character.

I do not get that for the first character, but here, it sometimes
occurs in the middle of text. The rectangle is not an artifact, it is
a real zero-width glyph representing a funny Unicode character that is
part of the text object - the FreeType font manager is asked for
characters like ffe2 ("full width not sign") and other special high
values, which are not defined in most fonts.

Martin