Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] configure.in:65: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR

Vasil Dimov wrote:

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:27:49PM +0300, Vasil Dimov wrote:
Hi all,

I am getting this error:
configure.in:65: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
     See the Autoconf documentation.

This is with version 759, 715 worked fine. Unfortunately I cannot
understand what was changed looking at the 715-759 configure.in diff.

Any ideas what is causing this and how can it be fixed?
I am almost sure that the fix does not involve m4_pattern_allow.

This also happens with 0.4r762
autoconf - 2.59
automake - 1.9
Vasil,

I've seen this problem whilst using Cygwin, but never on a real Linux. You're absolutely right about it not involving m4_pattern_allow, since this is a standard macro whixh will always be present.

It seems that PKG_CHECK_MODULES does not always allow AC_MSG_ERROR in the ifnot branch. I've fixed this now.

   Luke