Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] configure.in:65: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:26:26AM +0100, Luke Hart wrote:
> Vasil Dimov wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:27:49PM +0300, Vasil Dimov wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I am getting this error:
> >>configure.in:65: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> >>     If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> >>     See the Autoconf documentation.
> >>
> >>This is with version 759, 715 worked fine. Unfortunately I cannot
> >>understand what was changed looking at the 715-759 configure.in diff.
> >>
> >>Any ideas what is causing this and how can it be fixed?
> >>I am almost sure that the fix does not involve m4_pattern_allow.
> >>

> >This also happens with 0.4r762
> >autoconf - 2.59
> >automake - 1.9
> >

> Vasil,
>
> I've seen this problem whilst using Cygwin, but never on a real Linux.
It is FreeBSD that I am using.

> You're absolutely right about it not involving m4_pattern_allow, since
> this is a standard macro whixh will always be present.
>
> It seems that PKG_CHECK_MODULES does not always allow AC_MSG_ERROR in
> the ifnot branch. I've fixed this now.

Empirically I deduced that this was introduced in version 724, more
precisely the problem is caused by this construct:
       PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PANGOX, pangox,
                         [
                               PANGO_CFLAGS="$PANGOX_CFLAGS"
                         ],
                         [
                               AC_MSG_ERROR([pangox library not found])
                         ]
                         )

PKG_CHECK_MODULES never worked for me on FreeBSD so I removed the whole
construct :-)

There are issues with missing -I flags so I have to add the result
from the command ``pkg-config --cflags atk fontconfig gdk-2.0 pango''
in the CPPFLAGS variable to the configure's environment.
So this particular check does not really matter.

My build tests just finished so expect XaraLX to be included in the
FreeBSD ports tree just in a minutes.

Have a nice day!

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra