Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Building resources udner xcode

It sounds good in principle - no trouble using gnu make, perl and shell script. The trouble is that, so far at least, the xcode projects (wxWidgets and XaraLX) do not need or use the auto-tools in any way. They use the raw source code and their build configuration settings are bound into the project files.

So, while a build stage that simply issues a make command is very attractive, it's less so if the makefile has to be created by autoconf. Would the resources makefile need to be reconfigured for different platforms?

I want to make the xcode project as simple as possible to set up and use. I realise this may not be possible but in an ideal world I'd like to be able to deliver a single package containing source code and xcode project file(s) onto a vanilla Mac and have it build simply by loading the project and clicking "Build". (Admittedly there are various things that foil that ideal already, not least bound-in file locations - I need autoconf! ARGHHH...)

Phil