Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Philipp Schmieder
<WishMaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm using Inkscape 0.45, though) and well ... I don't like it,
>  but there is no alternative.
>  Inkscape is sooooooooo incredibly slow - and it even sometimes crashes only
>  because I'm like «oh yeah, let's create 100.000 Circles».

Try 0.46. It has many performance improvements. Not to the level of
Xara yet (although I remember I could easily make Xara Xtreme choke up
for long seconds just by using too many paths with fancy brushes), but
definitely usable for a lot of practical things. The Ouline mode (now
using Cairo) is especially faster than before.

Is there anything specific you dislike about Inkscape, other than speed?

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.