Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Apr 4, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Phil Martin wrote:
Going back to Philipp's original question, as Charles says it's very unlikely that Xara 4.0 will be made available for Linux and the reason for that should be obvious: The Linux community doesn't want it enough.

Xara and Alex put a lot of effort into porting the product to Linux, documenting it and setting up support structures. We went as far as we reasonably could without destroying our commercial base. The Linux community were unwilling to meet us in the middle, preferring to stick rigidly to their principles. (It has to be said that if Xara had offered the same opportunity to a commercial organisation a much more pragmatic approach would have been taken, to the mutual benefit of both sides.)

and again your parenthesised comment shows you have little will to really understand the open source community. the viewpoints put forth on this mailing list pushed me and i imagine many others away. shame that the cairo port effort did not motivate others. i guess the damage had already been done.

Alex
---
Alexander Kellett
PGP - 0x6BFA8EF3, FPR: DA65 D6DE 56A9 D715 EFB6 A948 B2EF 6622 6BFA 8EF3