Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Picking up the pieces? An attempt...

--On 4 April 2008 12:13:08 -0700 Carl Worth <cworth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From what I could see from that effort, the big part of the next step
is just trying to figure out what the CDraw interfaces *are*. (Things
like how many bits are for integer in fixed-point representations, and
things like that.) And those are the kinds of things that will be a
lot easier if there's help from someone who has some familiarity with
Xara internals. But it could also be done with someone good at reverse
engineering an interface given a large piece of C++ using that code
base.

Well, Xara have never withheld documention for this. The interface /is/
documented to exactly the same extent as the Xara guys have documentation,
which is far from great, but then when GDraw was developed it was not
developed with the intention it would be a 3rd party API. Look at
where GDrawContext etc. are documented and you'll see class wrappers
for each drawing function. As you might expect many of the calls bear
a close resemblance to the attribute system, which is pretty well
documented.

It's clearly not impossible to do, but we just haven't seen much
acticity to this point.

This is a problem pervading much of this project, I'm afraid.

Alex