RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] libstdc++5 or 6

> > My Red hat Fedora Core 4 doesn't appear to have libstdc++ 5.

OK good. So now we know both Ubuntu and Fedora do not ship with v5.

> It's an optional package that could be pulled in by a
> dependency in an RPM. Is it possible to put a list of
> dependencies into an RPM, only one of which must be
> satisfied, if so surely we can just list out the packages for
> all the distributions.
>
>     Luke

Yes fine, but that's the point. We're not using a package manager yet. I
completely fail to see the logic in using a library that gives us more
compatibility problems. We should be using built-in libraries because a)
they are built in b) require no package manager or extra install c) they
are more modern d) allows us to use a better compiler.

Right now we're *less* compatible with the majority of current Linux by
using v5.

Charles