Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Galleries and focus handling

--On 04 May 2006 15:53 +0100 Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as a user is concern what they have just done is tantamount to
clicking on the control. I should also make it clear that I'm talking
about _editable_ controls and not radio box, etc. If a user has set his
system up to behave in a particular way (no distributions would be
shipped with this enable), we shouldn't be dictating this policy. The
same code that stops a user giving focus to a non-editable control, in
the click-focus setup will stop it happening in the hover-focus setup.

We could cover this by simply saying that we are talking about window
managers in their default behaviour. As Luke said, we just get a focus
change event, and accept it or reject it.

Alex