Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Fix for bug 1058

In message <446B178C.1090504@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner wrote:
>> The bug report did not say which other fonts were affected, just "many
>> fonts, e.g., Dingbats", so, Alex, can you have a look whether it has
>> fixed the other problems, too?
>
> No it didn't fix it (other than Dingbats) I went through the font menu
> on Ubuntu and have updated the Bugzilla bug.

I find this parallel discussion on the list and using the bugzilla
comment system a bit inconvenient. I see a certain point in having the
discussion neatly archived with the bug report, but the bugzilla
message system is very clumsy to use.

For instance, if I write something there and you reply to it I get an
e-mail, which is fine. But if then someone replies to your point, only
you get an e-mail and I will never know that the discussion has been
updated except by specifically looking for the discussion on this bug.
This does not seem a very efficient way of communicating to me.

I have just found a couple of discussions relating to my code on
bugzilla (e.g., bug #1066), but only by coincidence. I would really
prefer to have discussions like that on the list. There are quite a
few important decisions to be taken regarding font support but I fear
we will not get very far when discussing them in difficult to find
comment lists attached to various bugs all over the place.

Martin