Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Executing Default Web Browser?

Alex Bligh wrote:

--On 18 May 2006 11:48 +0100 Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is exactly what wxLaunchDefaultBrowser does. The file I had to edit
was /usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.keys, which contains this information
(Gnome had defaulted to Epiphany, which is fair enough since it's the
browser it ships with, but I hadn't installed it).

OK, so what happens if you click on an HTML link in a mail client? Did
it try and launch Epiphany? Or click on an HTML file in the desktop?
As far as I understand it, that works by reading a MIME-type from an
extension.

If reading the MIME-types is not working, that's pretty serious and
we should get it fixed.

Can we narrow this down to a MIME-type bug? Can I check someone has
reproduced this problem in a sample app (so we know it is nothing to
do with our own code). And they remembered to ensure that MIME type
was built into wx (we currently advise compiling with --disable-mimetype)
and the MIME manager was properly initialized?

Alex

Is wxGTK/samples/html/test good enough? It calls wxLaunchBrowser when you select "open current page with default browser" and fails exactly like our help browser.

   Luke