Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Rescanning available fonts

Neil Howe wrote:

I could paint the grey box myself
on top, automatically update version, SVN revision etc
(whatever you want), put in some sort of progress bar, etc.
etc. - I'd do this all in the Oil layer so we don't need
DialogManager etc. started.
Yes it would be useful to paint the real basics such as version number
etc and to be honest I'm not sure this requires being translatable, at
least not now.

Any messages shown should be translatable. We've gone to the trouble of
using gettext for just about all the strings in LX and some translators
are looking at translating the program. So non-translatable messages
right on the startup screen would be very bad.

But it's difficult to show translatable messages before the translations
have been loaded! (that might be so quick it doesn't matter)

Alex