RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Substituted fonts and Bug 1057

Martin said:

> The problem I see is that after loading a couple of documents
> with missing fonts you will end up having lots of "?" entries
> in the dropdown list.

Ah, no what I was assuming was the font list would only show the missing
fonts from the current document.

If the list expanded for each new document loaded and showed missing
fonts from all loaded or opened documents, then that's not useful and
positively a bad thing.

> Would it not be possible to change the box to a read-write
> combo box, which would not suffer from that restriction? I
> have very often wished to be able to click in the field and
> type "Arial"+Return rather than having to scroll a huge list
> to find an entry I know is there.

It does this on Windows, and is a required feature. (Although you are
not technically typing into a writable filed, but just navigating the
menu by typing. Pressing Return selects the highlighted font.)

Charles