RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Substituted fonts and Bug 1057

In message <CD4B82F190E561FD51AD2310@[192.168.100.25]>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --On 22 May 2006 14:31 +0100 Charles Moir <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> The problem I see is that after loading a couple of documents
>>> with missing fonts you will end up having lots of "?" entries
>>> in the dropdown list.
>>
>> Ah, no what I was assuming was the font list would only show the missing
>> fonts from the current document.
>>
>> If the list expanded for each new document loaded and showed missing
>> fonts from all loaded or opened documents, then that's not useful and
>> positively a bad thing.
>
> I was assuming the same thing. Just the substituted fonts from /that/
> document.

But how do we get them? I am not aware of any data structures that
would allow us to find out which fonts are substituted in a particular
document. I do not think we can afford to scan the complete document
each time the dropdown list is opened because this is probably too
slow, so we need to add an appropriate data structure to the document
class to keep track of substituted fonts.

Martin