Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Substituted fonts and Bug 1057

In message <4473557B.80807@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Font mapping can be improved significantly by creating a local
>> fontconfig file that contains the required mappings. It might make
>> sense to tell our users how to do that. For instance, my local file
>> ~/.fonts.conf reads:
>
> Sure - but we should not expect users to have to do this.

True, but the point is that they can. Xtreme for Windows would
substitute the same default font for a lot of missing fonts (e.g., if
there is no Panose information for the font in the file) without any
user control. With LX, if a user does not like how a particular font
is mapped it is easy to set up a mapping to override it - and it works
for other applications as well.

Martin