Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.5 recommended version source archive

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:45:28AM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> Vasil,
>
> Vasil Dimov wrote:
> >Is there something analogous to XaraLXSrc-0.4r798.tar.gz, or if I make
> >the FreeBSD port to refer to XaraLX-0.5r1175.tar.gz is there a chance it
> >gets wiped soon?
>
> I'm guessing you may have to apply a small local patch to get 1175 to
> compile as we didn't realize wxDebugReport is not available on all
> platforms. If you get an error compiling errors.cpp, then just comment
> the block containing wxDebugReport out for now (there is a cleaner
> fix in svn). If on the other hand you can get errors.cpp to compile
> on FreeBSD on r1175 I'd be interested to know too.

Hi Alex,

When I try to compile XaraLX-0.5r1175.tar.gz I get the
bshadow.cpp:749: undefined reference to GenerateFloorShadow
I mentioned several days ago.

But look below, after the failure wxOil/errors.cpp seems to have compiled:

% find ./ -name 'errors.*'
./wxOil/errors.h
./wxOil/errors.cpp
./wxOil/.deps/errors.Po
./wxOil/errors.o
%

The only code fragment in errors.cpp that mentions wxDebugReport is
this:
--- cut ---
                {
                        wxDebugReport report;
                        wxDebugReportPreviewStd preview;

                        report.AddAll();

                        if ( preview.Show(report) )
                                report.Process();
                }

Btw does this "undefined reference to GenerateFloorShadow" happen on
linux too? If yes, are you sure you want 0.5r1175 to be the recommended
version?

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra