Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Cairo Port

Carl Worth wrote:
Oh, cool. I'd always wanted to see the code behind those performance
charts, (the charts were always pretty meaningless to me without some
more details about what was actually being tested).

Luke, can you tell me if the work being performed in
CCairoPerf::GetBitmap was part of what was measured in those
benchmarks? If so, the gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data and gdk_draw_pixbuf
calls are definitely contributing a big slowdown to the cairo numbers,
(a well-written program using cairo to draw would never do that stuff,
for example).
No, all that was within the performance loop was the RenderBezier function. The only reason I called the gdk_* functions was to get something to draw on the screen to visually verify that the drawing had competed correctly.

The version of Cairo this code was developed for seems to date from earlier April 2005 (the latest comment in ChangeLog was 2005-04-12), which does seem to be pre version 1.0.

   Luke