Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text margin support

In message <44BE0495.9030709@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you fill me in on how the new text margins etc.
> are saved? Specifically:
>
> * Are they currently saved & loaded?

Yes.

> * Is there a file format change?

If you mean that are there new records in the file, then yes, of
course. There are 5 new records:
- tab node
- tab ruler attribute
- left margin attribute
- first indent attribute
- right margin attribute

There has not been a formal file format version change, but it might
be a good idea to do that when saving a file with any of the new
attributes (remember that default attributes are not saved, so files
not using any of the new features will not have any of the new
attributes in them). The question is whether we want to prevent
previous versions from loading the file altogether.

> * If so, what happens if you try and load files
>    with new-style text objects into release Xtreme?

I have not tried with release Xtreme but XaraLX release 0.6 displays a
message stating that non-essential data has been ignored. It then
reads the file OK, but not surprisingly, all tab characters and the
tab ruler/margin attributes have vanished.

Martin