Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: SVG import

In message <44D13CED.60402@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sandro Sigala <sandro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The SVG paths parser currently doesn't handle arcs, witch were
> defined in SVG 1.1 but not in SVG 1.2 (I noticed this in the past,
> but while referencing to the SVG 1.2 specification I didn't recall).

Removing an element in a later version of a standard would be an
extremely unusual thing to do and I cannot find any evidence of SVG
1.2 not containing arcs.

Which 1.2 specification did you use? As far as I can see, there is
only an early draft of the SVG 1.2-FULL specification and that is
defined to be an addendum to the final 1.1 spec, so all 1.1 elements,
including arcs, are automatically defined in SVG 1.2-FULL.

Alternatively, there is a more mature draft of the SVG 1.2-TINY
specification, which does not include arcs, but that is not surprising
because SVG-TINY is a deliberately cut-down version of SVG, e.g., for
mobile devices.

Martin