"One step build" (was Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] setup.h and configuring wxWidgets)

On 12/08/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben,

> 3. I do think that eventually we need to push this technique as it may
> be essential for the 'one step build', but it is  more important that
> we follow Christian's lead in this.

I am not sure we ever need get to the "one step build" that
includes building wxWidgets. We aren't there on Linux, and
no-one has suggested we need to be there. wxWidgets is a library
like any other - we don't include libpng, libxml etc. in our
"one step build". Perhaps I'm not understanding where you
are trying to get to here.

I will freely admit to becoming confused as to when I am hearing about
compiling the wxWidgets libraries - which we do still require every
dev to do, see previous; and when I am hearing about compiling the
Xara LX binary. I'll say no more on this - there is sufficient info in
this list for May and June for any interested person to pick up on
where the problems lie.

Ben