RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Example Licences

Hi,

> GPL is not a possible option for the clipart examples us as we only have
> agreements with the authors for CC licenses.

Is there no way they could release the examples under the LGPL?

> I'd also comment that few creative people, in my opinion, would be happy
> with GPL (rights to derive with no attribution etc, etc). That seems to
> be exactly why Creative Commons licenses were created in the first
> place.

Creative Commons is more akin to LGPL than the GPL IMO, but it keeps the
non-techie people happy to have a licence written in English than in
Technalise.

> So if Debian can't accept that, then it simply means there can be no, or
> very few, example files in Debian based releases.

Ouch!

TTFN

Paul
Fedora Core Extras packager
--
This is a private email address. Please do not give it out.